Guilty Pleasures in Food, Film & Libation



Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wash your mouth out with soap...box!

I feel violated. In the grand scheme of things I would like to think that even though we are a flock following the pack , that there lies within all of us a uniqueness, that we are our own individual snowflake in the vast snowbanks of our existence. We have all heard the evils of the "big five" and their devious ways of shaping and molding our minds and our images into their odious molds, but I must say that what I've seen on this Frontline video takes the proverbial cake. Acxiom is my new target for distaste, distrust, and general disdain. We are people dammit, not fish in a barrel to be put on a list so that we can be pigeon holed and harassed by political candidates. We are more than rusty cogs in a failing diplomatic machine, merely meant to shut up and turn with the teeth of the other rusty cogs. By doing so, these unwanted solicitors infringe upon my right to privacy in my own home by clogging up my mailbox with their junk mail flyers, they interrupt my dinner time by knocking on my door like Girl Scouts.....yet there are no Thin Mints too be had. I believe in the quintessential ideas of democracy, but I feel that this type of "campaigning" runs counter to the founding ideals of this nation. I don't want to be a serial number, and I feel that Acxiom is merely a digital plantation owner selling serial numbers to the highest bidder, yoking those with certain predispositions to an agenda and guiding them to the slaughter. I'm sorry if any of you tripped on my soap box as you entered this blog...!!